Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Managing My Home

Almost two years ago, I left my job at a local public accounting firm in order to stay home with my two (at the time) boys and manage my home full time.  It has been my best career move yet and I LOVE my job!

While I love my job as wife, mother, and homemaker, I truly do view it as my "job."  Thus, my home is mine to care for and keep.  While I was employed for a paycheck, both my husband and I shared the household duties.  Now, for the most part, they are all mine :)  I try to remember that fact when I feel laziness creeping in on me.

About a year ago, we went on vacation to visit my grandparents.  After returning, I had a hard time getting back into my usual routine of housecleaning and caring for the boys.  When it was all said and done, I think our week-long vacation turned into a six week vacation for me!  Yikes!  With the new year though, I jumped back into it and got back to work :)  After that break, I noticed more that it was hard for me to stay motivated to clean the house, week after week, after week...  Mundane?  But I truly do so enjoy a clean house!  My husband will even tell you how much my attitude is different if my house is clean :)  So what to do?

Well just a few months ago I ran across another blog post about this very same subject.  This post mentioned a cleaning list for the full year.  The list is broken down into weekly increments.  It covers everything from window cleaning, refrigerator cleaning and meal planning, to daily cleaning activities, clipping your children's nails and pampering yourself!  The down loadable list was only $4.  I thought I could risk a $4 investment :)  Well I have LOVED my list!  I am such a list-driven person anyway.  If it is on "the list" it has to get crossed off!  So for me, I have found my motivational solution!  On to clean!

What have you found to help you keep motivated in your daily grinds?  In case you would like to check out the list I am using, I found it at:  www.motivatedmoms.com

P.S.  I have not been endorsed monetarily or otherwise for this post... purely my own excitement and desire to share things that have worked for me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment